Who is Litmus:
As a leader in email creation, testing, and analytics for more than a decade, Litmus has built a loyal following among email professionals worldwide. Our SaaS platform empowers marketers, designers, and agencies to achieve high levels of email personalization, engagement, and ROI. Major global brands across every industry and vertical trust Litmus to help them confidently deliver a superior email experience, including 9 of the top 10 eCommerce brands, 8 of the top 10 retailers, 7 of the top 10 tech companies, and 23 of the top 25 US ad agencies.
We’re looking for a passionate storyteller and marketer to join the content marketing team and to build and manage Litmus’ social media presence.
What would I do at Litmus?
- Build and manage Litmus’ social media presence with the goal of expanding overall reach. This includes Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram promoting Litmus’ products, content, and the Litmus culture. Monitor and reply to comments, and triage support questions. Run regular social campaigns and track their success.
- Create content (e.g. emails, blog posts, ad copy, and other content pieces) that educates marketers on how to make email better and articulates the benefits of our products to the email marketing world. Optimize content for search engines and lead generation.
- Review content and marketing copy for spelling, grammar, and accuracy; ensuring all content maintains Litmus’ brand voice.
- Help the team keep dashboards updated to power regular reporting on content performance (web traffic, performance of blog content, traffic of sources to the site, etc.)
- Monitor relevant industry publications and undertake competitor analysis.
- Assist in the planning and execution of events.
What is Litmus looking for in a candidate?
- You’re an exceptional storyteller who loves writing and knows how to use the power of written words to build relationships, teach, and to drive actions.
- Empathy. You can put yourself in your audience’s shoes, understand their goals and needs, and are able to adapt your writing to diverse audiences—both internally and externally.
- Able to balance a meticulous attention to detail with the ability to GSD (Get Stuff Done).
- We are more interested in your qualifications as a marketer than where you reside. Our marketing team is globally distributed. This role is open to remote candidates, or can be co-located in our San Mateo, CA, Cambridge, MA, or London, UK offices.
- You have great communication skills. As a distributed team, it's important that we're able to understand each other through text and spoken word.
- You have 1-2 years of experience in content and social media marketing—or are a recent college grad who can supply examples of your strong writing skills. Most importantly, you’re a fast learner and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty.
- Bonus points for prior experience with email marketing and email marketing tools.
Why should I choose Litmus?
We offer everything you'd expect from a financially successful and profitable startup, except we've been going strong for ten years.
- Great salary, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirement plan match.
- 28 days of paid vacation—that’s on top of team retreats, public holidays, and a holiday break in December.
- Family friendly. Flexible schedules along with generous maternity and paternity policies.
- Remote friendly culture. You'll benefit from the first-class remote experience we've created—giving you the flexibility to work remotely when you need to, along with the tools and resources you need to succeed.
It’s the company you keep. The people at Litmus are truly amazing, each in their own very individual way. What’s more, at Litmus we’re free to care more for our customers and our employees than most other companies can. Yet, we’re driven. With over 250,000 marketers trusting Litmus and outstanding profitable growth, you know you’re part of a winning team.