Major global brands across every industry and vertical trust Litmus to make email better, including 9 of the top 10 ecommerce brands, 7 of the top 10 technology companies, and 23 of the top 25 US ad agencies.
Backed by $49M from Spectrum Equity, the Litmus email creation, testing, and analytics platform empowers marketers, designers, and agencies to confidently deliver customer experiences that ensure brand alignment and quality, as well as maximize performance and deliverability.
What would I do at Litmus?
We are seeking a Revenue Accountant to be responsible for supporting the monthly accounting close cycles, along with supporting the finance team with analytics and process improvement initiatives. This position will be responsible for preparing reconciliations and related analysis of all accounts (revenue, deferred revenue, billed and unbilled AR) on a monthly basis as well as providing valuable insight to management related to company performance, identifying trends, and investigating fluctuations from expectations.
- Preparation of monthly reconciliations of revenue related accounts
- Preparation of monthly accounts receivable and allowance for doubtful account analysis
- Work closely with the billing team on the monthly invoicing and collection process
- Preparation of monthly and ad-hoc revenue analytics for presentation to senior management
- Monitor and analyze trends and processes impacting revenue
- Assist in external audit activities and audit preparation
- Assist in special projects related to ASC 606 implementation
- Monitor and document internal control processes
- Prepare weekly and monthly net billing and booking reporting
- Prepare supporting revenue accounting documentation, including revenue accounting checklists and position papers
- Participate in the development and documentation of revenue-related policies and procedures
- Review fully executed customer contracts to conclude on the appropriate accounting treatment and identify any issues, ensuring that all revenues are recorded in compliance with GAAP
- Assist management with technical research on complex revenue accounting issues.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting
- Proficiency in U.S. GAAP and SOX Controls
- Strong desire to learn and grow as a member of a team
- 2-4 years of public accounting experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel Skills – including pivot tables and vlookups
- Experience with SAAS business preferred
Why should I choose Litmus?
We offer everything you'd expect from a financially successful and profitable startup, except we've been going strong for ten years.
- Great salary, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirment plan match.
- 28 days of paid vacation - that’s on top of team retreats and public holidays.
- Remote culture. No matter where you are, you'll feel connected to the team. Over half of our employees work remotely. Your work experience is just as exciting, entertaining, and engaging wherever you chose to work from.
- Family friendly. Flexible schedules along with generous maternity and paternity policies.
- The best tools and technology money can buy. Top of the line hardware, software, and whatever else you need to be awesome.
It’s the company you keep. The people at Litmus are truly amazing, each in their own very individual way. What’s more, at Litmus we’re free to care more for our customers and our employees than most other companies can. Yet, we’re driven. With over 250,000 marketers trusting Litmus and outstanding profitable growth, you know you’re part of a winning team.