Major global brands across every industry and vertical trust Litmus to make email better, including 9 of the top 10 ecommerce brands, 7 of the top 10 technology companies, and 23 of the top 25 US ad agencies.
Backed by $49M from Spectrum Equity, the Litmus email creation, testing, and analytics platform empowers marketers, designers, and agencies to confidently deliver customer experiences that ensure brand alignment and quality, as well as maximize performance and deliverability.
What would I do at Litmus?
We are looking to hire a superstar business development representative (BDR) to join our growing Customer Development team as we move deeper into the enterprise market. The Business Development team at Litmus is charged with qualifying and producing high quality leads for our sales team. In this role, you will be the first sales contact that a prospect has with Litmus. Using outreach emails, phone calls, and social media, you will connect with the right person using the best possible message to set meetings and qualify opportunities for our sales team. Additionally, you will help us farm our installed base of some of the top brands and companies in the world to upsell and cross-sell additional products and services. The BDR program at Litmus is a great place to start your career in technology sales and is a great opportunity to learn the fundamentals of sales while working with a product and customer focused team.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Educate existing Litmus customers and users about the value of our Enterprise products
- Maintain active engagement with prospects using creative follow-up communication
- Efficiently manage a high volume of both outbound and inbound emails
- Qualify and produce quality leads for the sales team
- Ensure a seamless hand-off of meetings and opportunities to the rest of the sales team
- Accurately enter, update, and maintain daily activity and prospect information in our CRM
- Provide suggestions to the BDR team and the VP of Customer Development to improve external communication and internal processes
- Prospect potential customers via research and creative outreach
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of the Litmus solution
- Work on ad hoc projects for various departments within the organization
- Exceed monthly and quarterly qualified appointments/opportunity objectives
What are we looking for?
- BS/BA required
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
- You are curious and eager to learn
- You have an interest in a sales career and desire to work in technology/software industry
- You demonstrate a passion for technology and the ability to speak knowledgeably about the industry
- You have a deep sense of empathy and a commitment to integrity
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to grammar
- You are a self-starter with a humble and “roll up the sleeves” attitude
- You have demonstrated a track record of success, professionally and personally
- You are competitive and are a leader. Having set and met or exceeded goals is required
- One to two years of customer-facing experience
Why should I choose Litmus?
We offer everything you'd expect from a financially successful and profitable startup, and we've been going strong for ten years.
- Great salary and stock options, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirement plan match.
- 28 days of paid vacation—that’s on top of team retreats, public holidays, and a week-long holiday break in December.
- Remote friendly culture. We're looking for team members that could primarily work from one of our two beautifully designed and well-equipped US offices in San Mateo, CA or Cambridge, MA. Since many of our teammates are located around the globe, you'll also benefit from the first-class remote experience we've created—giving you the flexibility to work remotely when you need to, along with the tools and resources you need to succeed.
- Family friendly. Flexible schedules along with generous maternity and paternity policies.
- The best tools and technology money can buy. Top of the line hardware, software, and whatever else you need to be awesome.
It’s the company you keep. The people at Litmus are truly amazing, each in their own way. With outstanding profitable growth and the trust of more than 250,000 marketers you know you’re part of a winning team.